Are you compassionate? Are you organized? Do you have previous Call Center or Customer Service experience? Are you interested in joining a growing team? Inman Shipping Worldwide in Fort Wayne, Indiana has an immediate full-time opening for a qualified Customer Service Specialist.
This position will include evenings and one weekend shift each week
Who we are: We are the oldest and largest international repatriation and shipping service in the country. Inman Shipping Worldwide offers an unparalleled reputation within the industry today.
What do we do: We address the needs of an increasingly more mobile society. As careers and retirement take us to all corners of the country and even the world, Inman addresses the need to return the remains of a deceased loved one home. Inman coordinates the transport of the deceased from any part of the world to their final resting place. We oversee the entire situation, regardless of the distance involved, so that the sensitivities of the survivors are fully protected.
What is your role: You communicate with funeral service providers to gather information necessary to arrange for air transportation of the deceased. You coordinate all activities with a receiving funeral service provider and ensure that the transfer is carried out according to plans.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
– Professionally represent and provide company services, values and teamwork in a fast-paced call center.
– Answer incoming calls and manage email communication
– Capture information requests for air cargo transportation including shipping and receiving parties, origin and destination airports, estimated dates of transit, etc.
– Perform data entry in logistics management software.
– Identify opportunities for better service, greater workplace effectiveness and operating efficiencies.
– Be an active contributor to a great company culture.
– Meet and strive to exceed performance measures, both individual and team.
– Perform other responsibilities and support duties, as provided by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– High school diploma, or higher.
– Experience in Call Center environment. 1+ years preferred
– Strong data entry skills and basic math skills
– Proven expertise in resolving customer problems with empathy and understanding
– Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to quickly build rapport by phone and with co-workers in person.
– Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work both as part of a team and independently.
– Ideal candidate must be an organized, detail oriented and accurate self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– High energy, ability to adapt to change and a positive attitude are all required.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
Work Location: One location