$72,932 – $207,513 a year
Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
Financial planning: 2 years (Preferred)
Oil & gas: 2 years (Preferred)
An established, privately held energy and infrastructure development firm (the “Company”) that is headquartered in New York City and has offices throughout North and South America. The Company’s seasoned executives, asset managers and operators develop, acquire, manage, and operate energy and infrastructure assets in the Americas, and are currently also in expanding into other regions around the world.
The Company is looking to hire an FP&A Associate that will focus on the Company’s portfolio companies in the midstream sector that currently include gathering/processing businesses and development-stage LNG projects in North America. The Associate will have the opportunity to work with seasoned professionals and executives in energy and power across multiple entities and own the FP&A side of the business.
Summary of Position:
This Associate will support the executive team and the Board of Directors of the Company and its subsidiaries. The individual will be based in Dallas, at the headquarters of a growth-oriented midstream business as a key member of the finance team.
The work location is hybrid: in the office for core hours most days of the week and working remotely otherwise.
· Supporting the Director of FP&A who is responsible for initiating, tracking, and advancing key management initiatives, including but not limited to M&A, new capex projects, and internal finance, accounting, or data initiatives; may require partnering with the Commercial or Technical teams
· Participate in Weekly and Monthly executive and Board meetings; support the preparation of related reports
· Work with executives to build annual budgets and forecasts; evaluate previous budgets and expenditures to develop and implement future budgets; create/continue reports to track performance against budget and budget deviation analysis
· Analyze financial and operational results to better understand company performance
· Conduct variance analysis to demonstrate how the budget and forecast compares against actual performance
· Produce Excel models to evaluate resource allocation decisions, and ongoing weekly and monthly cashflow planning
· Analysis of historical financials, variance explanations, updated forecasts,
· Communicate results and recommendations to executive team and the Board for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations
· Enable management to better communicate with external stakeholders
Experience / Skills Desired:
· 3 years of experience in financial analysis: corporate finance, accounting, commercial banking, investment banking or other related functions, working primarily with Excel models and PowerPoint presentations.
· Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting required, or a degree in engineering or physical sciences combined with credentials in finance (e.g., master’s degree in a financial field or significant progress toward CFA charter).
· Oil and gas experience preferred, ideally in midstream.
· Driven and action-oriented; ability to manage multiple work streams.
· Advanced computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; position requires a capable financial modeler experienced with financial analysis and preparing management reports.
· Proactive approach to problem solving.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,932.00 – $207,513.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location