Key Success Factors:
Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Business Discipline or commensurate work experience
Work Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Proficient in MS Office applications
Proven capability and knowledge in Lean/Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement Methodologies or aptitude/willingness to learn and apply such skills
Business Analytical Skills
Position requires independent thinking and facilitation
Excellent communication skills and a team player mentality
Possess teambuilding skills and the ability to gain consensus
Statistical and financial understanding and possess strong math skills
Recognized certification in Lean/Six-Sigma or related methods is a plus
Project management and team leadership skills a plus
Provide continuous improvement to develop, facilitate and implement Lean/Six-Sigma activities with the goal of reducing scrap, first pass quality holds, rework and cycle time while improving operating efficiency. The objective is to lower costs through said reduction in waste and productivity improvements. Will take a direct, hands-on role in identifying opportunities, facilitating action plans, and driving improvements to completion. Successful candidates must be able to effectively utilize resources that are not directly under their control to achieve both individual and team goals. Successful candidate will be responsible for training both hourly and salaried employees in lean enterprise systems and procedures. The ability to function in a complex environment, influence and communicate effectively is essential to success.
· Position reports to Vice President of Quality and indirectly to VP of Operations and VP of Supply Chain. Also works closely with finance subject matter experts.
· Implements appropriate CI/Lean/Six Sigma evaluation, investigation, tools and project management to improve current processes.
· Works cross functionally with site and functional departments to assure all program requirements are met—primarily operations, quality, and supply chain.
· Assists in establishing site metrics/KPI’s related to continuous improvement
· Supports implementing Lean principles of visual factory and standardized work
· Develops appropriate metrics and reporting statuses of projects from initiation to final implementation.
· Measures and tracks validated performance against success metrics as defined by management.
· Provides management with updates on all ongoing projects.
· Facilitates the effort to improve quality, reduce cycle times, enhance throughput, efficiency and reduce cost of goods, constantly working toward process standardization
· Helps to solicit, prioritize, and recommend new organization process improvement projects that align with the overall site strategies and business objectives.
· Defines problem statements and investigates root causes for relevant opportunities.
· Aid in achieving continuous and break-through innovations and process improvements, often acting as either team leader or facilitator.
· Monitor, coordinate, develop, and implement CI tools in the organization.
Body Movements – the amount of time spent performing each physical requirement:
Ø Occasional – 1/3 or less
Ø Frequent – 1/3 to 2/3
Ø Continuous – 2/3 or more
Standing: Occasional to frequent
Walking: Occasional to frequent
Sitting: Occasional to frequent
Climbing Stairs: Occasional
Climbing ladders: NA
Working in kneeling position: NA
Working with arms extended at shoulder level or above: Minimal
Twisting and Turning: Occasional
Bending: Occasional to frequent
Pushing and Pulling: Occasional
Hand Movement: Manual dexterity
Ø Simple grasping: frequent
Ø Fine manipulation: Occasional
Operating Equipment: occasional- lab equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned by the manager of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location