Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
The Plant Engineer will provide engineering support for the plant, to include project implementation, production and equipment improvement initiatives and to support the daily operations of the plant to ensure all safety and quality goals are achieved.
1. Project management, purchasing, and supervision of contractors for all projects to assure completion on a timely basis within budget.
2. Adhere to and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HACCP requirements.
3. Lead and assist management with appropriate training to assure regulatory compliance.
4. Report to plant manager.
5. Maintain appropriate communication/relationships with all employees, vendors, visitors.
6. Provide the necessary safety training to contractors.
7. Follow, monitor, and ensure compliance with all safety, food safety, environmental, GMP rules, regulations, and policies.
8. Attend daily production/quality meetings.
9. Provide technical support for plant processes and improvements.
10. Observe facility operations on a regular basis.
11. Communicate with Supervisors on a daily basis.
12. Oversee facility operations.
13. Plant Superintendent assumes responsibilities in his/her absence.
Education: BS degree in engineering or technical related area from an accredited college/university ; Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical preferred
Related Experience: Proven Engineering level supervision (+6 years or more) record of technical/maintenance personnel.
Equipment/Software Skills: Working knowledge in personal computers (Microsoft software necessary, Project management, Microsoft Project preferred) and basic understanding with Allen Bradley PLC. Knowledge of CMMS such as MP2 is a plus.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: None required, any maintenance related licenses would be a plus such as PE, ASME welding, PLC’s, wastewater, etc.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability working well with people.
2. Ability to identify critical areas for improvement and develop plans for correction.
3. Competent in making sketches, drawings, line layouts, plans etc., and written instructions as necessary to affect equipment maintenance/repair.
4. Participative team attitude skills with all personnel to assure production standards, safety, and sanitation levels are maintained as defined by the Mission Statement.
5. Good skills in ammonia refrigeration, steam generation and PLC’s.
6. Good problem solving skills through team and individual efforts.
7. Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills.
Physical: Ability to walk distances across facility, climb steps and ladders on occasions, sitting at office desk work, sometimes in cooler atmosphere ( 35-45 degrees), sometimes in engine room ( + 95 degrees in hot months).
Sensory: Ability to hear, see, speak, smell and touch well is necessary to perform basic essential task.
Mental/Reasoning: Basic problem solving skills will be necessary
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, and any other legally protected status.