Sika Corporation, based in Lyndhurst, NJ, is a leading supplier of specialty chemical products and industrial materials serving construction and industrial markets including transportation, marine, and automotive. Its technologies are focused on sealing, bonding, damping, reinforcing and protecting. Sika’s product lines include concrete admixtures, specialty mortars, epoxies, structural strengthening systems, industrial flooring, sealants, adhesives, specialty acoustic and reinforcing materials.
We are hiring a Admixtures Operator for our fast paced Admixture Plant in Denver, Colorado, providing blending of our materials including the distribution via trucks. This is a very exciting position with growth potential within Sika Corporation’s many facilities worldwide.
Admixtures Operators are responsible for the manufacture, packaging, and loading/receiving bulk tankers at the Denver Plant. Working hours will be from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 5 days a week. It is the Operators duty to ensure production is carried out in accordance with management’s schedule and plans and to ensure the safe and productive use of all equipment to meet these ends.
The responsibilities include:
– Manufacture production orders safely, with high quality, on time and efficiently as defined by the Company and ISO SOP’s.
– Weigh or measure raw materials for manufacturing process, setting up and operating all mixers, pumps and all equipment related to the processes within the Admixtures Department.
– Filling of pails, drums, totes, bulk tanks or any packaging, as determined by upper Supervisor/Manager.
– Receiving of bulk deliveries as well as coordination of its transfer to the correct storage tank. May receive packaged materials and put away according to 5S standards as needed.
– Ensure raw materials and packaging are rotated so that the oldest material is used first – FIFO practice.
– Carry out routine cycle counts and stock checks to ensure accurate inventory is maintained at all times.
– Operate forklifts and other equipment in a safe manner at all times. Maintain equipment in clean operational condition, and store them properly when possible.
– Maintain work areas in accordance with good 5S and housekeeping practices. Ensure all areas are maintained in a safe clean condition at all times with no raw materials, tools and/or equipment left lying around in such a manner as to create a safety hazard.
– Perform all job functions within OSHA and Sika dictated Safety Standards. Will be required to wear appropriate PPE as determined by management.
– Report all unsafe practices, non-conformances, equipment and machinery malfunctions to the Production Manager.
– Maintain all tools, equipment and materials in a safe and clean manner at all times
– Perform all other duties as specified by the Production Manager, in accordance with business needs, including but not restricted to working in any other department as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
Work Location: One location