Let’s change lives together.
Join a purpose-driven community of champions.
Position Purpose: Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Participate as an addiction counselor in the delivery of addictions treatment services to clients and their families and facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations. Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary addiction treatment team to assist clients in reaching treatment plan goals. Some case management involved. Must be able to work 1-2 evenings per week. Must have valid drivers license and car insurance.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
Master’s Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or related field (second level license required for Therapist title)
Demonstrated education, training or experience in the criminal thinking model
Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
Skilled in conducting individual, family and group counseling
Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients, parents, staff or community resources
Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) or be certified within 12 months
CPR or complete within three months
1. Work hours prescribed by the Coordinator and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
2. Undertake primary case management responsibilities for designated patients.
3. Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions for patients and/or family members.
4. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
5. Maintain communications with all staff (eg admissions, therapeutic passes, and discharge plans).
6. Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families, employees and community groups.
7. Be familiar with court proceedings and available to make court appearances on behalf of Rosecrance’ clients.
8. Serve as a member of the addiction counselors clinical team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
9. Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the Code of Conduct and with the framework of the law.
10. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
11. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients, and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance
12. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated and assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
Schedule: 10 hour shifts
Work Location: Rosecrance Walnut St – Champaign, IL
Benefits: Rosecrance values its employees and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
About Us: Rosecrance is a leading non-profit provider of comprehensive behavioral health services in the United States. With over 100 years of experience, Rosecrance is dedicated to helping individuals and families overcome substance abuse and mental health challenges. We operate a network of treatment centers and outpatient programs, offering evidence-based therapies and compassionate care to promote lasting recovery.
To Apply: If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals and families affected by substance abuse and mental health disorders, we invite you to join our team at Rosecrance. Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
EEO: Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Our hiring decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, and experience relevant to the requirements of the position.
Licenses & Certifications Preferred