Masonicare at Chester Village – Chester, CT
The Maintenance Mechanic performs general maintenance and specialized maintenance required by a specific trade discipline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide exceptional customer service to residents, employees and vendors at all times.
2. Ability to interact with residents in a positive, respectful and reassuring manner, while performing required duties.
3. Experience and job knowledge in all areas of building maintenance, ie, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, drywall and painting.
4. The ability to plan and prioritize assigned work to meet the needs of the department.
5. The ability to work both independently, and with others within the Maintenance department, and with other departments.
6. Keep work area orderly, clean and safe. Ensure proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
7. Understand and follow universal precautions for personal safety and chemicals as it pertains to the Department.
8. Able to work with/from blueprints and drawings.
9. Assist in the snow removal process.
10. Help cover the on-call schedule.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Facility Operations Manager.
Education: High School or equivalent. Vocational technical graduate
Experience: At least two years in a trade or four years of building maintenance
Licensure: Valid State of Connecticut driver’s license
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Able to follow verbal and written instructions Able to process written documentation. Able to handle multiple tasks. Able to handle the physical demands of the position.
Provides care and services that demonstrate behaviors and the principles of person-centered care including affording people dignity, respect and compassion, offering coordinated care, support and treatment and care that is personalized.