Hartford Healthcare is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for highly regarded, collegial, and collaborative non-invasive cardiology practice. The APP would see patients in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
Role : Open to Nurse Practitioners (FNP, ANP, AGNP) and Physician Assistant/Physician Associates (PA-C)
Location: Outpatient Offices are located in Hartford, Farmington, and Manchester. Inpatient rounding at Hartford Hospital in Hartford, CT
Setting: Outpatient responsibilities in clinic; Inpatient rounding responsibilities at Hartford Hospital.
Schedule: 40 hours per week; 4 ten-hour days in clinic and occasional rotation on the inpatient service. Occasional weekends and holidays are required
Call Schedule: No call required
Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Role Scope:
– Work under established guidelines and in collaboration with supervising physician to complete assessment, triage, and diagnosis of cardiac pathology.
– This position includes work on the inpatient consultation service and outpatient clinic
– In the inpatient setting this may include working in accordance with state law and hospital regulations to facilitate consultations, daily rounding, and writing of progress notes. Advanced practitioner will work in collaboration with the rounding physician
– In the outpatient setting, the APRN/PA will conduct office follow up visits with oversight by an attending cardiologist. They will be responsible for initiating and progressing therapeutic plans for the patient. Responsibilities include conducting exercise and vasodilator stress testing, placement of IVCs and administration of stress test medications
– The APRN/PA will be part for of therapeutic care team and will work to educate patients and families on recommended care plans and resources
– The APRN/PA will work in a collaborative manner with care team which includes, but not limited to supervising physicians, team APRN/PAs, nurses, medical assistants, other consulting services, and primary care team
– APRN/PA will be expected to participate in and contribute to ongoing education of other noninvasive cardiology team members