This position is remote for WI or IL residents
The Systems Analyst is responsible for providing support to clients on function, usage, and operation of vendor-provided business software products as well as system integration solutions. This position also recommends solutions after problem diagnosis, and may conduct data repair development.
Implements strategies to achieve the goals for the organization and information technology systems. Implements, revises, and sustains policies, procedures and programs. Typically works on projects and initiatives that span 3 – 12 months.
1. Project and Change Management: Effectively plans and manages own work to reliably complete routine job responsibilities and special assignments. May serve as a team member or subject matter expert on formal projects or within the department. Effectively engages in change affecting her/him, communicating appropriately with supervisor. Follows through on learning, skill building, and practice necessary to adapt to change.
2. Problem Solving: Light supervision; works independently. Periodic review of work by manager or senior coworker. Solves problems of moderate to advanced complexity; able to identify root cause, interpret data and resolve issues.
3. Technical Skill: Understands and applies professional principles and skills within area of specialization to modify processes to resolve situations.
4. Community Engagement: Champions Goodwill’s community engagement initiatives and serves as an ambassador for Goodwill in the wider community.
5. For assigned applications responsible for application maintenance including system configuration, upgrades, version control, quality assurance and production support.
6. Works with Information Technology staff, customers and vendors to effectively translate business requirements into technical solutions.
7. Sets priorities and focuses on appropriate deliverables and maintains an awareness of overall departmental objectives.
8. Develops practical, workable solutions and recommendations based on analysis and accurate definition of issues. Analyzes and resolves system problems effectively, collaborating with customers, vendors and IT staff as needed.
9. Collaborates on the definition of project scope and objectives. May oversee completion of small projects or a phase of major project.
10. Ensures the quality of Goodwill technical solutions though testing, root cause analysis, incorporation of audit trails, exception handling and appropriate security and controls.
11. Conforms to formal departmental methodology standards, and actively participates in process improvement (lean) efforts as well as the development of best practices.
12. Keeps technical base current and learns and maintains an expert understanding of 3rd party vendor provided software capabilities and functionality.
13. Responsible for completing other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
1. Two years of college education or experience equivalency, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
2. Functional business experience in the area(s) supported preferred.
3. Prior 3rd party vendor provided system analysis, support and package implementation experience is a plus.
CORE CULTURAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Customer Focus: Independently anticipate and meet customer needs, while searching for ways to improve customer service. Internalize customer feedback, and follow up with customer to ensure problems are solved by providing innovative ideas to meet their future needs.
2. Values Differences: Seeks out the diverse perspectives and talents of others, striving to work effectively with others who have different perspectives, backgrounds or styles. Behave with sensitivity towards differences in cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating. Challenge stereotyping or offensive comments.
3. Communicates Effectively: Shares information and updates with others, while ensuring a clear, concise and professional communication through reports, documentation, written and other communications. Listens with interest to what others have to say.
4. Situational Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility of responses to different situations through adapting to the changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Monitors how well an approach is working to see if a change is needed, recognizing cues that suggest a change in approach or behavior is needed.
5. Drives Results: Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results, through driving tasks to successful completion and closure. Sets high standards for own performance, showing determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
6. Ensures Accountability: Takes responsibility and ownership for successes and failures in own work. Monitors progress of performance and changes approach accordingly, following through on commitments.
Remain stationary for extended periods of time, repetitive use of hands, vision required to develop, design and implementation.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Remote