Food Service Coordinator for DaySpring Assisted Living
Must Have Cooking Experience
Do you desire to cook and lead a food-service team within an assisted living facility?
Do you desire a Christian, Faith-focused, calm and peaceful, profanity-free, and substance-free work environment?
We have a Food Service Coordinator opportunity within our facility kitchen: must enjoy preparing large batch meals for up to 100 residents, following menu to create home cooked, delicious meals, and coaching and training other cooks.
On call responsibilities: Assisting with working weekends, holidays, or cooking shifts as needed.
1. Participate in the preparation of food several times weekly working as both the cook and assisting the cook through cook assistant tasks.
2. Providing outstanding customer service, overall leadership and management of the Food service operations for DaySpring Services.
3. Ability to lead a team in high volume food production environment.
4. Ability to motivate, supervise, and train food service employees to attain quality and quantity of food production in a health care environment. Provide hands on guidance and training to improve the food service team cooking knowledge or cooking skills through one-on-one mentoring, group cooking tutorials, or other in-service classes.
5. Minimize food waste by overseeing production of food and guiding food service employees to adjust prepared amounts of food to reduce waste.
6. Direct food service employees to endure job-related rules, policies are enforced.
7. Monitor kitchen for cleanliness, sanitation, safety and order.
8. Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the food services for DaySpring Services. Oversee menu changes to include change over from summer to winter menu items, and adjust items served based upon customer feedback.
9. Develop and maintain written policies and procedures that govern the operation of the food services for DaySpring Services.
10. Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the food service for DaySpring Services.
11. Assist in the hiring process from recruitment, interviews, selection, and orientation of competent cooks, cook assistant, and other food service staff as needed.
12. Ensure that an adequate number of appropriately trained food service staff are on duty at all times to meet the needs of DaySpring Services, and provide coverage yourself as needed.
13. Counsel/discipline employees as necessary, in a timely manner.
14. Planning and conducting of In-service training for new staff regarding food service, and ongoing training for current staff.
15. Quality control of food being prepared to ensure it meets DaySpring Service’s standards. Conduct in-person satisfaction checks with customers to ensure their satisfaction and make necessary changes upon receipt of feedback. Quality control should be conducted on various shifts and weekends as needed.
Prepare large batch, home cooked meals for residents of assisted living facility, adult day services program, and independent living apartment tenants, which can be serving 100+ individuals.
DaySpring Services seeks employees to fulfill our mission with a heart to “Serve older adults with God’s love.” If you have a passion to serve older adults with excellence, we look forward to talking with you.
Applicant must have positive work record.
572 Lake Forest Lane, Norton Shores, MI. 49441
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
Weekly rapid result COVID-19 test, All staff wear a surgical mask while in the facility, and staff have access to gloves, hand sanitizer / hand washing stations.
Work Location: One location